Facilities & Social Activities
The Garden House and Village Green – relaxing, light and airy - this is the hub of village leisure activities, companionship and fun. You'll find a snooker room, a library, barbecue facilities, a movie room, and a café offering delicious home baking. It's the perfect place to meet up with other village residents, or to share with your family and friends.
- Mens Happy Hour – every Thursday.
- Wine & Cheese Evening – regular get-togethers for village residents.
- Quarterly bus trips – all aboard for a jaunt into the countryside eg. Hanmer, Akaroa
- Weekly Happy Hour - for rest home and hospital residents.
- Weekly outings - for rest home residents.
- Monthly outings - for village residents.
- Gardening Club – let your green fingers loose on the raised garden beds. And don't miss the annual potato growing competition.
- Christmas Fair – fun and festivities, gift stalls and sausage sizzle.
- Bi-annual Craft Fair – residents showcase personal crafts they've done over their lifetime.
- Vegetable Art Competition – this event is a barrel of laughs and the competition rife.
- Annual Sports Day – residents vs staff; teams for bowls, croquet, snooker and scrabble followed by a barbeque.
- Entertain friends and family – enjoy personal events and celebrations in the Garden House or on the Village Green.
Facilities Image Gallery (Click to enlarge)
Onsite Facilities and Services
- Podiatrist - weekly personalized foot care.
- Tai-Chi Sessions – keeping you fit at every stage.
- Hair Salon – fully equipped and qualified hairdressing onsite.
- Manicurist – weekly by appointment.
- Beautician - by appointment.
- Shop/kiosk – opens three times a week for ice creams, sweets, toiletries and any small personal items you wish us to purchase at your request.
- Wellness Clinic – weekly preventative healthcare for village residents.
- Croquet lawn – set up and ready to go when you are.
- Physiotherapist – available weekly by appointment.
- Ear Health Clinic - onsite every 3 months. Micro-suctioning available.
- Multi-denominational Church Service – a monthly service is held onsite.
- Prayer Meetings – every 2 weeks.
- Postal services – daily.
- Communal newspapers – daily.
- Library – available daily from the Green House.
- Local Amenities
Merivale Retirement Village is conveniently located within easy access to a wide range of local amenities including:
- All major banks (ANZ, BNZ, Westpac)
- Merivale Mall,
- Merivale Post Shop
- Parks (Milbrook Reserve, Abberley Park, Merivale Reserve)
- Churches (St Marys Anglican, Grace Baptist, Merivale United, St Andrews Presbyterian)
- St Albans/Merivale Bowling Club
Many are within walking distance or only a short drive away. If you require assistance with transport, our friendly staff are always happy to arrange a taxi to and from your specified location, or you can use the city bus service which departs regularly on Browns Road, in front of the village.